Follow me on Twitter

Follow 140miles2glory on Twitter

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mahi-mahi Recipe

My wonderful wife and I recently decided to try "mahi-mahi." We purchased two pieces frozen, marinated and vacuum sealed from Trader Joe's grocery store.


Mahi-mahi is a type of fish,. They frequent warm waters and are typically found in areas like the Caribbean, the South Pacific, and Southeast Asia. The name comes from the Hawaiian language and means strong in Hawaiian, and was used for this particular fish because they are known for their fighting ability and strength.


I googled a recipe for the fish. Even though the temps are in the 20's, I decided that grilling was the way I wanted to go. When I searched I came up with a recipe that sounded too good to pass up. It was easy and I already had all of the ingredients in the house. It turned out mazing, and this is from a guy that just doesn't love fish!


2 Marinated pieces of Mahi-mahi
2 clove of garlic crushed
2 tablespoons real butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 can of (organic) diced tomatoes
1/2 yellow onion
Dash of salt


Melt butter and mix with olive oil and pour in small aluminum pan. Slice onion and coat with the butter. Remove onions and mix in garlic. Place mahi-mahi in pan. Sprinkle salt. Place onions on top of filets and pour diced tomatoes on top. Cover with aluminum foil and place on top rack of grill. Heat for 30 (approx) minutes.
Serve immediately. 


My wife flaked hers and put on a spinach salad, I enjoyed mine as shown in photo. She would also like me to mention that the Trader Joe's Mahi-mahi is caught wild and NOT farm raised!


Mahi-mahi facts: In Hawaiian it is spelled Mahimahi. The fish has top speeds estimated at 50 nautical miles per hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves, they have the first secret of success.

Norman Vincent Peale

Followers